I hadn't explored Washington DC since I was 8 years old, so when Trish had a work trip there in March I decided to tag along to explore some of the sites over the weekend. Unfortunately we were about a week too early for the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom, but it was exciting to see the tiny buds trying to pop out!
Thankfully on our last day driving back tom the airport from Maryland we swung through DC to see how the buds had come along in the past 4 days - we saw some flowers! Just a few, but it was still fun.
Out and About in DC
Washington, DC - The National Mall
- We spent the afternoon walking around the National Mall and the Tidal Basin. It's a great just under 10,000 step stroll and you hit all the key sites along the way. We lucked out with sunshine and light winds, so it was a beautiful day!
- Started at the Lincoln Memorial and the Reflecting Pool
- The Korean War Veterans Memorial
- Martin Luther King Jr Memorial
- FDR Memorial
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Washington Monument
- World War II Memorial
- Finished off by a quick peek at the White House (because we were running late for dinner!)
- We were completely spoiled by our 2 dinners in DC! Thanks to a coworker who pointed us to two of her favorits.
- Saturday night at A Rake's Progress, inside the Line DC Hotel. Let's just say the Syrah, Champagne and oyster tower definitely hit the spot!! Beautiful space, amazing food, super friendly people.
- Sunday night was more low key, but equally amazing food at Izakaya Seki. Saki, beer and delictable little Japanese bites
**On mobile device, click any photo to enter gallery with captions